Does a dispensary need SEO?
In a word, yes! Cannabis dispensaries need it more than other industries since they are prohibited from using many traditional forms of advertising like pay-per-click ads or social media.
Cannabis companies cannot pay to rank higher since the laws expressly forbid doing that on any of the useful platforms like Google and Facebook. But because you can’t and shouldn’t use those methods, CBD SEO with the right cannabis SEO agency emerges as the most important path to take.
Luck is on your side if you are a local business dispensary since you can use the medical marijuana dispensary SEO to capture as large a market share as you can. Optimisation follows the same best practices that define successful cannabis dispensaries.
- The creation of unique and robust content with relevant target keywords;
- Fast loading time;
- The establishment of trust across the site;
- Easy navigation;
- Optimisation for mobile devices.
As much as your competitors, like you, aren’t paying to make it to the top, they aren’t asleep at the wheel either. Cannabis dispensaries know that SEO for marijuana dispensaries is important to rank higher, which is why the quality and frequency of its use characterises any successful dispensary website.
Some of the easy cannabis dispensary SEO steps anyone can do include:
- Filling out your Google My Business page and implementing local SEO for useful search engine results;
- Earning user reviews to build trust and boost brand visibility;
- Creating content to inform and encourage viewers to share with others and form the necessary relationships to get backlinks;
- Using meta descriptions;
- Internal linking;
- The URL and slug;
- Page loading speed and more.